Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lapiz of Luxury

I was at the drugstore today and fell victim to the colorful rainbow that is the display of new Essie nail polish colors! After a serious internal struggle, I finally came to a decision and picked "Lapiz of Luxury" as the color to purchase. It's a soft purple-ish blue, the perfect color for the the final fading days of summer. Most of all, I was reminded of the beautiful sunsets that we've been having: I love the way this purplish color mimics the deep hughes of the sky as the blue of day mixes in with the pinks and yellows of sunset. Poeticism aside, when I got home I was sad to realize that I've never been very good at nail art, so I decided to come up with something simple enough for me to master, but artsy enough to give this color the appreciation it deserves. Turns out, I came up with an easy fix, as detailed below!

I started off with a simple Sally Hansen base coat, then painted my nails as usual with my new color! Then, I grabbed a skinny brush bottle of white (one of the silly ones intended to help you master the at-home-french-mani), and literally just layed the long brush down along my nail to create a straight line! This works way better than attempting to paint a straight line, which is practically impossible. I did this three times on each thumb, then decided to leave well-enough alone! It looks super cute and is beyond easy! Of course, follow up with a good top coat... my fave is Essie's "No Chips Ahead" topcoat.

And voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment